So Branden is or was or i don't know!... supposed to be deploying soon, but his feet have been injured since he tried out for special forces in June last year. He has plantar faciitis which has something to do with the ligamnets in his feet and it just takes a long time to heal, so he has been on a medical profile since September which was supposed to keep him from deploying but because they need soldiers so bad they said they were going to deploy him anyways. Well now they put him on rear detatchment which means he will stay back and deploy a little later than everyone else, but I'm not believing anything until everyone deploys and he doesn't. I have had my emotions screwed with enough! Here is a picture of Branden at NTC, the pre-deployment traing in California that he went to in November.
On a different note...
Redoubt Volcano
So this volcano is supposed to errupt some time soon...who knows when, but everyone up here is freaking out and buying emergency supplies like crazy like water, dust masks, protective eye wear, flashlights, propane, and etc. When it errupts everything is going to shut down for a while until all of the dust settles because you can't even drive anywhere because the dust gets in your engine and clogs it. It also can get in the water and shut off the power too. The volcano is only 100 miles from where we live! I never thought I would be in danger of a volcano, but we've been trying to stock up on some stuff. I don't know really how much to worry, but the picture sure looks creepy! And better to be over-prepared, than under-prepared! I got the picture from http://www.avo.alaska.edu/ if you are interested in keeping up on the current status check it out, I find it quite interesting!
1 comment:
Great pictures of Branden in his greens. Makes me pretty emotional. Pair that with the Dixie Chicks song and the hormones of being 9 months pregnant. I'm sitting here bawling. Brian thinks I'm nuts!! Talk to you both soon. Chantel
Post a Comment