Branden and I got sealed in the Anchorage Alaska temple last week on March 4th. It was an amazing experience, and we are so thankful that we were able to get sealed before Branden went to Afghanistan. Also, we were lucky enough that Branden's parents and my mom were able to fly up here to go to the temple with us! We are truely blessed to have such good parents to fly up on such short notice regardless of how expensive the tickets were, they truely support us in all we do and we appreciate it so much! We were also surprised that there were so many of our friends from our ward that came to our sealing as well, thankyou everyone for coming!
Here is a picture of the Anchorage temple when we first got up here in August or September. It is fairly small, but it is gorgeous!
We didn't have much time to sight see while our parents were in town, but we did a little, here we are near Arctic Valley, a ski resort, there is a beautiful view of the whole Anchorage area.

We also drove down to Girdwood and Whittier which would have been amazing in the summer, but the whole town was closed for the winter! We even payed 12 dollars to go through a tunnel to get there, and all that was there was a ghost town! and then, on the way back there was a horrible accident and we got stuck in traffic for two hours! It still was a beautiful drive despite all of the obstacles. We ate a big meal at Golden Corral after the long drive and being stuck forever, we were all starving!Here is me and my mom
BrandenElden
and Sheri
And then on Saturday I had to do the hardest thing I have ever done, I had to say bye for a year to my best friend, my other half, my love. I am so proud of him, he is a true soldier and just has a passion to serve our country. I know it is going to be SO hard on both of us, but this is his calling in life, and I support him 100%. I just can't wait til he comes back, and we can be together again! And we can start a family!
Having family here when Branden left definately made it a lot easier. I still don't think it has set in yet that he is gone.
I didn't want to let go of him!

.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Congrats on being sealed! That is so neat and I bet it was nice to have family there to celebrate with you.. on the other hand so sad to have Branden leave for a whole year! He will do so good though, and hopefully time will go by fast! :)
We are so happy for you and wish that we could have been there to see the sealing. I told Brian he was very lucky that Avenley wasn't even a week old or he would have been paying for last minute airfare to Alaska!!!
Congratulations on your sealing! We are so happy for you. We miss you guys and are praying for you and Branden.
Post a Comment