So I finally got a job at Allure day spa and hair design as a nail tech. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good job and I will make a lot of money as well as keep myself busy while Branden is gone. I have really been trying to keep myself busy doing anything I can think of... I went to the arts and crafts center on post and made a wood shelf to hang on my wall in the woodshop they have. It was way fun to use all of the different power tools and machines and I enjoyed being able to design the exact shelf I wanted and I have to say it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to! I also made some strawberry jam for the first time...it turned out perfect too! Other than that, I have been hanging out with friends some and missing Branden and counting down the days til he comes home. As of right now the time seems to be going by sooooo sloooooow. Hopefully it will start to go by faster. Branden is doing good as far as I can tell, he can't tell me much of anything but I do get to talk to him quite a bit which is good. I am planning on coming down to Utah a couple of times probably in June and December, and then I think Branden and I are going to go somewhere fun on his mid-tour leave like possibly.... Hawaii!! I think it will be in September, but I'm not sure. So anyways I have a few things to look forward to. I am also puttering away at school...I am finishing up a music class now and I am going to be taking summer and fall classes and hopefully someday I will at least get my associates degree.
Oh, I also wanted to put some pictures of my new nieces on here, they were born about a month and a half ago, they are sooo cute! I also have a nephew due in June and a niece or nephew due in November! Fun stuff! I just wish I was there to hold them!
This is Anna Marie Bingham and the next picture is Avenley Murrah.
And lastly, I know this is old news but I wanted to post some pics of the Redoubt volcano that errupted up here, kinda crazy! I did experience some ash falling on me, scary! But it really didnt effect us that much. We have had a few earthquakes that have scared me though...hopefully there is not going to be any big ones! So anyways that is the update for now!
This shows the ash covering the snow...we didnt get it this bad but we got some

This is the big ash cloud in the sky


3 comments:
I love the shelf! I have to see it in person, though, to appreciate the delicate hands-on work you did with it.
Homemade strawberry jam sounds great! You'll have to teach me.
I hope time starts going by faster and before you know it, you'll be enjoying some sunshine on the beach with your love.
Hey! That shelf is CUTE!!! Way to go! Congratulations on your new job...you will meet lots of people doing that!
I love the shelf. We look forward to seeing you in June.
Post a Comment