Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1JKn6yuNs

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just for the Halibut!

This weekend I went fishing with my next door neighbors down to the Kenai Peinninsula in the Cook inlet. It was about a four hour drive from where I live, but well worth it, the drive was georgeous! I have never seen such a beautiful state! I also caught my first "real" fish. I say this because any other fish I have caught in my life were the size of the bait we were using to catch these ones! The first day I caught the first fish of the day which was my first halibut I've ever caught and it weighed about 35 pounds! Man are these things hard to reel in! I thought I was going to be pulled right into the ocean! I caught two more the first day, and the second day I caught five! They were all at least 1o pounds or larger! Here is the big one!
And this is all of the fish we caught the first day, minus the ones we threw back because the limit is two fish a person and we had five people on the boat. Even the smallest fish was way bigger than any I had caught before!

We had an amazing view of Redoubt volcano where we were, here it is at "night" like midnight, and it didnt get any darker, I love Alaska in the summer!

I hope you all had a good fourth of July! I had a pretty good one, except I wish Branden was here, he would have loved this fishing trip! I want to thank him and all of the many other military members for my freedom! I love you Branden!


1 comment:

Fullmer Family said...

Wow, look at you Melissa! You are a TRUE Alaskan now girl! Watch out!! I miss you - when are we hanging out again?!?!? Congrats on the fish, man, those look great. (not to mention tasty!) :)