Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1JKn6yuNs

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What we've been up to

Wow, its been almost a month since my last post! There just hasn't been much to blog about. I have just been working and doing a bunch of different crafts, and being the assistant "activity day" person, and Branden has been working and doing a bunch of "men stuff" like Bear hunting, shooting his gun and his new bow, and being the bear scout leader with our friend Ryan.
Now that it is getting warmer up here we have been spending some time outside. We recently discovered a new sport...well new to us anyways, but we have been playing "frolf" or frisbee-golf. It is really fun! Its basically throwing frisbees into baskets on a course like a golf course while playing with similar rules to golf like each hole has a par.
Anyways, not much is new except for that we "may" have to move out of our house because our landlord has decided to sell it...major :( I love our house and Eagle River. So....we have NO IDEA what we are going to end up doing, or where we are going to be living. But other than that life is life. Here are a few pics of the crafts I have been working on.
This is a quilt that I finally started working on. Its one of those "unfinished" or "neverstarted" projects that for some reason I had time to work on lately. We actually got the coordinating fabric and pattern given to us for our wedding (cool idea I think!) And I am just barely getting around to making it.....ya that was almost 4 years ago! CRAZY!!! But, I think it is turning out good, I have the front done I just need batting and a back and I am thinking about getting in machine quilted but it is really expensive.
I also made this table cloth and I am working on making matching placemats. I just could find a table cloth at the store to fit our table so I decided to make one.



And this is a santa clause I made....I know who even wants to think about Christmas right now, but my mom's ward made these while I was in Utah and I wanted to make one but it would have been hard to bring back with me on the plane so I traced the pattern and went and bought wood and went to the woodshop on base and cut out the pieces. Its pretty cute, I just need something Christmasy to put on his hat when it get closer to that time.

And Lastly I have been working on making us a new bookshelf at the woodshop on base. It is taking a long time, but it is turning out so good, I'm excited! We just needed a bigger bookshelf, and I like the challenge of making things myself!
Well, thats all for now!
Hopefully things will pick up aound here and I will have more to post!
We are So excited for this summer!

2 comments:

Katerina said...

Wow, you're simply amazing! Do you want to come to my house and finish some of my "unfinished or never started" projects? I have so many . . . And I don't have much talent to encourage me to get them done. :-(

Anyway, I really like your style. The quilt is pretty impressive, and I'm jealous you can sew such a nice yet simple table cloth, I wish I could do that. Maybe you could teach me how to sew? Or how to put things together so they look neat? I don't know, I just want to take advantage of knowing you and your talents, hoping some of it will rub off on me! :-)

I really hope you can stay in Eagle River!

Chantel said...

You've been busy!! Everything looks really nice.