This past Sunday, I was having contractions 2 minutes apart that wouldn't stop, so I called the hospital and they said to come in. They hooked me up to these monitors, one for the baby's heart rate and one to monitor the contractions. They gave me a shot in the arm that is supposed to stop the contractions, which it did stop them for a little bit, but they came back. Next, they gave me a shot in the thigh that was some sort of muscle relaxant that was supposed to help them stop, it didn't work. Then, they gave me another shot the same as the first, again it worked for a little while and they wore off and the contractions were coming back. So, they ended up releasing me after being there for six hours because there was no cervical change, so the contractions werent putting me into labor. Anyways, they eventually went away sometime during the night while I was sleeping, but it was crazy...and I HATE shots, and now I have a new found hate...getting your cervix checked...OUCH! But, I'm glad the contractions went away because 28 weeks is too early to have our baby! Plus, I am flying to Utah on Monday! Here is a horrible cellphone picture Branden took of me in the hospital, cute huh....NOT! And those bands make my belly look huge, it really isn't that big!

3 comments:
Holy Cow Melissa! Yes, that is early!! I'm glad they stopped and that you are going to be able to go and enjoy a fun, warm, trip to Utah. Eat at all those delicious places for me. Okay? I'll gain more weight vicariously through you. ;)
So sorry. I'm glad you're doing better.
your hair looks really cute. I'm glad things are ok and you get to go to Utah on Monday! We're hopefully heading out tonight...boy I hate standby :)!
Post a Comment