On Valentines Day we went to Golden Corral for dinner, not our first choice but everywhere was so packed we finally just settled. It was actually really good... a little bit of everything! We saw one of the missionaries there that used to be assigned to our ward and he told us that he just got done saying to the other missionaries "who would bring a date here for Valentines Day?" and then he saw us! We got a good laugh out of it! Anyways, we won a free stay in a hotel in anchorage when we first got up here so we used it Valentines night. It was nice to get away for a night, we got in the hot tub and had a good continental breakfast in the morning. Branden got me a cool crackle vase with flowers, a cute heart candy dish, and a card! He always puts a lot of thought into gifts, I loved it! I got him a nintendo DS game that he wanted, not a very thoughtful gift, but that's what he wanted and he has been playing it non-stop since I gave it to him! I also made some cute Valentines cookies! Yum!
So, this has been my latest project, I bought these metal wall hangings at Target a couple of months ago and I have been contemplating what I should do with them for a while and I finally came up with an idea. The metal wall hangings used to be silver and are now black. I covered two 16" X 16" boards with red fabric and then mounted the metal wall hangings on the baords, and then put white watercolor paper behind the metal to make the design stand out. Here is them in our room as well as a close up. They turned out exactly how I wanted them to and I love them! I love being ceative and now I need another project to work on while my creative wheels are still turning!
Oh, I finally dyed my hair and got rid of my 3 inches of grow out. I decided to go dark this time, it is just too hard to keep up on the blond highlights. Getting your hair done up here is so exspensive I just went to Walmart, and I was pleasantly surprised on how well it turned out.
Hope you all had a good Valentines Day! We miss you! Love, Branden and Melissa
4 comments:
You are so cute and crafty, you haven't changed at all! I've always wished I could make things look as good as you do, those wall hangings turned out great!
You did better than us on Valentine's. We stopped doing gifts a long time ago. We don't need anything and we have no where to put it anyway!!!
Hi guys!
Sounds like you had a great Valentines Day! Bryan gave me a pregnancy massage at the sports academy - it was amazing! Melissa, your bedroom is darling! I need your help with mine! We miss you guys!
Oh my gosh congrats on getting sealed! That's so awesome, I'm so happy for you guys. I hope it was wonderful.
Post a Comment