Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1JKn6yuNs

Monday, August 16, 2010

Almost Done...

I started making this bookshelf in April and I am just now getting it finished. We just needed a bigger bookshelf and rather than buying one I chose the hard way and decided to build one. So, I came up with a design, bought the wood, and went to the woodshop on base and made it...with lots of assistance from the master carpenter. I had decided to stain it black before I knew I was pregnant and bought all the stuff to do that, but ended up having Branden stain it so I wouldn't breathe the fumes. He stained it, but he has never stained anything before so it didnt turn out very good. So it sat in the garage for a few months til I decided what to do with it, and I finally ended up sanding it down a little and painted it black. I think it turned out pretty good, now I just need to finish the leaded glass panels I decided to put in the doors, but it may be a while because I can't make them while I'm pregnant, unless I teach Branden how to do it! But for now the doors are just open. Here are some before and after pics.


Before


After

3 comments:

Fullmer Family said...

That is AMAZING Melissa! I'm totally jealous! I always drooled over your other shelf you made on base...so don't let me near this one! It's GORGEOUS!! :)

Shay said...

I can't believe you made that! It looks so good. I need you to live closer so you can show me how.

Chantel said...

I love it. It looks so good!!