Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1JKn6yuNs

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hawaii Day 3

Our 3rd day in Hawaii we went to Pearl Harbor. This is a picture of a faux newspaper of when pearl harbor was attacked with picture of Branden and I standing in front of the U.S.S. Bowfin submarine...I thought it was cute!


Here I am inside of the submarine! It was SO claustrophobic inside! I don't know how the navy does it....living down there for months!!


Here is a pic of the U.S.S. Arizona under the water....creepy.

This is the wall with all of the names of the people who died in the attack. I couldn't believe how many...crazy and sad.


When Pearl Harbor was attacked many ships were sunk including the U.S.S Utah, I had no idea...here we are with the Utah flag at the memorial.

I am glad we went, we learned some new things and mourned for those who lost someone that day...it hits a lot closer to home with Branden being in the military.

On a completely different note, we also went to the army museum in Honolulu. We passed this tree on our walk there and I just think they are so cool looking!

Branden took a bunch of pictures inside of the museum and this was his favorite...of course the one with all of the guns, he loves them!

Just another cool pic of a palm tree! They never get old to me!

Later on we went to this magic show called Magic of Polonesia which was REALLY COOL! We just left sooo confused, I guess thats the point though! We couldn't take any pictures during the magic show, darn, but the magician was way good, but we weren't expecting an elvis impersonator as an opening act...he was okay.

But, overall it was a fun day and night!!!

Thanks everyone for the comments! There is still more to come! Days 4, 5, & 6! I got behind on posting because we have been having so much fun!

2 comments:

Chantel said...

So fun. I hope we can go to Hawaii some day!

Shannon said...

I love all your hawaii pictures! It brings back good memories! We loved Pearl Harbor too. We are so happy you guys are finally together! It was good to see Branden in SLC, it has been so long!